Monday, June 28, 2010

Welcome to Channel 612!!!

There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.” -Buddha

10 Months ago I began this journey.. Began with a show at Barfly, downtown Minneapolis.. The show was held in the Loft section of Barfly and several people who I would run into on this journey to the top were performing.. K.O.B. had invited me to come to the show.. He was performing. I arrived with my roommate to Barfly at around 10:30, it was Saturday night.. Saturday night at Barfly means ANY COIN - ANY COCKTAIL from 9 to 11.. On my 3rd drink, I had only spent $3.03 and was headed upstairs to the Loft. The show had just begun, but the drinking bone is connected to the smoking bone and I need to smoke something.. Anything.. Preferably something herbal.. Not knowing if Id be searched or not coming into the club I decided to leave my bag at home.. So I reached for my pack of Newport shorts and stepped out on the roof of the Barfly Loft smoking section into a cloud of sweet, peppery, skunky smells and a circle of people I didn't know from which the cloud billowed.. "This is where Im supposed to be!" I thought. I stared at the crowd awkwardly.. Wondering how Id make my approach.. (To Be Continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment